Lesson Planning for Recreation Professionals
Let’s face it, we either approach lesson planning with a positive vibe – one that lets us express our creative juices, free-thinking, and our best efforts. Or, we approach it with a negative vibe – we dread the process, delay as long as we can, and perhaps even forego it all together. If you belong to the latter, I’m here to help!
After planning classes, playschools, camps & special events for over 30 years as a Community Recreation Programmer, I’ve complied a few templates that I’m excited to share with you!
Included in this resource:
- Lesson Plan Tutorial – a 5-page guide designed to simplify the process for you!
- Weekly Camp Activity Plan
- Camp Activity Plan
- Recreation Program Information Form
- After-School Program Lesson Plan
- Preschool Lesson Plan
- Universal Recreation Program Template
- Recreation Program Model Form
- Recreation Program Closeout Form
- Recreation Lesson Plan
- Camp Special Event Plan
- Recreation Class Lesson Plan
- Summer Fun Template
Let’s face it, we’re recreators – not teachers and we’d all rather be DOING (think hiking, climbing, fishing, boating, and crafting), than PLANNING (think goals, objectives, descriptions, instructions, & supply lists). This guide and the 12 accompanying templates will get you out from behind your desk and back to doing the things you love – recreating!
Thanks for checking this resource out!