Episode 35: Bringing the Magic of Disney to Camp
Curt leads us on a fantastic journey of applying Disney teachings to camps.
Also, find out what made Curt go “Woah” and about the time he felt like he failed a staff member. Learn what surprise and delight vs extinction mean in terms of managing teams and how everyone and everyTHING should be walking the talk.
Curt’s favourite roundtable submission – The wishing area
Inside the Magic Kingdom, 7 keys to Disney’s success
The Disney Way
“What you do thunders above your head so loudly I cannot hear the words you speak. “
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here are the bullet points of Curt’s Disney advice, obviously there are more details and information in the episode but we thought you’d like a glimpse of the brilliance. 🙂
- Treat your customers like guests.
- Dare to take calculated risks in order to bring innovative to fruition.
- Train extensively and constantly reinforce the companies culture – friendly reminder about our Whimsy episode and Pinterest board. 🙂
- Pay fantastic attention to detail.
- The competition is anyone the customer compares you with.
- Customers are best heard through many ears.
- Reward, recognize, and celebrate.
- Support, empower, and reward employees.
- Give every member of your organization a chance to dream and tap into the creativity those dreams embody.
Things we’re grateful for
Patti – Meditation
Curt – 2 Ply toilet paper
Do you use water first and then toothpaste, or toothpaste and then water?
Curt – Sandwiches
Patti – Does not sandwich
What is your perfect day?
Patti – “That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.”
Curt – Hasn’t put a lot of thought into his answer … although he knows what kind of scent he wants in the air.
How to reach us
Curt: Summer Camp Pro
Patti: The Camp Nerd